1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success your blog?I definitely think blogs that have a connection to the reader makes it successful. Um, I don’t exactly know what this question is asking though…
2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader bond? I think asking questions. (This is actually a tip I read). That way readers have a way to respond. I also think commenting back is very important! Also, letting people critique a little here and there is good I think, that way they know you value their opinion.
3. What is one way you could improve this connection? Specifically with the 30 for 30 challenge I feel like I am always posting about me. I try to find ways to include my readers, like responding to their suggestions. But I am going to be honest here, my constant readers opinions mean more to me than the random one that people post.
4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-reader bond? Why?
V from Grit and Glamour does an amazing job at connecting her readers. I think it is not only in her commenting, but in her featuring other bloggers.
Leia from Leia’s Delight also interacts with her readers. I always love that she responds to her readers questions as well as tells us when she’s going to be out of town, with little life updates.
Susaina from Fashionina always seems happy and enthusiastic to interact with her readers. That I think is a great quality!
Sherin from HiFashion does a wonderful job connecting with her readers by leaving sweet meaningful comments that always respond to the post. This one is just from personal experience. :) I also think that her blog is very unique and she often has posts of the “new and upcoming” fashion!
Tasha from The Hot Spot Always is honest with her readers. I love her DYI’s she comes up with, so unique.
Lori from No More Sweatpants always has fun posts that I can relate to. I love that she always ends with a “Have a Wonderful Day!!!” type ending!
Sandy from Sandy a la Mode has amazing giveaways! She also seems very sweet in her commenting and her posting.
Blair from Wild and Precious is actually one of my all time favorite blogs. I feel connected to her blog because of it’s originality. I love that she posts new music, beautiful pictures, and her thoughts are always beautiful. I just feel like it is inspiring. I also always appreciate when she stops by and comments. :)
5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to your site in the first place? Well, I would like my readers to actually anticipate what I am going to post next. I want them to be excited to visit my site, maybe find some inspiration. With that in mind in general I try to find other bloggers who have similar interests as me or style taste. I almost always will go to a blog a few times before just giving up. I leave comments, and if they comment back and seem happy to have found my blog, and I theirs, then in general I have a new reader! As for the readers that I don’t find and find me instead, I try to make sure my content is easy and fun. I don’t want anyone to feel obligated to read. Is that even possible to make someone feel that way?