First I posted my paper “The War on Drugs, A Public Health Issue” if you are so inclined to read.
You are probably wondering what happened to Remix 8. Well, that is going to be posted later next week for a blog exchange post I am doing. I’ll give more info later.
1. What are the ‘unwritten rules’ about copying content that we bloggers should all abide by?
Don’t steal. I think it is fine to copy ideas, but don’t take pictures or wording with out permission. Don’t take unique ideas with out giving credit either. Same thing that you would do if you were writing a paper.
2. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. But when is a post imitation and when is it copying?
I cared about this when I was 12. As long as you don’t steal my stuff, esp. without giving me credit I could care less.
3. Taking another blogger’s idea (perhaps for an outfit, or DIY tutorial) is pretty common in the blogging world. Do you think it is necessary to credit the original source?
I think it is polite to do that, not necessary. I would do it, unless it just inspired me.
4. How have you improved your blog by comparing it to other blogs? Have you made changes due to something you have seen others doing?
Um, I have learned a lot about taking pictures and the type of stuff readers will comment on. I have taken suggestions for improving blogs from other bloggers, but I try very hard to make my content original.
5. Have you ever had one of your posts copied by another blogger or publication? How did you handle the situation?
I would suggest you ask for permission to take content first, including pictures.
Once The Hot Spot took some pictures of mine giving me the “seal of approval”. At first I was surprised, since it caught me off guard. She dedicated the post to me and I actually got one of my dear readers from that post. It was very flattering actually. I feel as though we are pretty good friends and she did it out of kindness, and I don’t mind that she took the pictures.