I don’t know anyone getting married anytime soon, but I thought I would give some wedding dress shopping tips! just a quick note about my wedding dress. Several of my sisters pitched in so that I could buy an new one. They all used secondhand dresses. I loved that they cared about me enough to help me have any dress I wanted.
1. Before you go know your wedding dress price range. Then save a few extra hundred dollars if at all possible. You never know which dress is going to scream your name. There also are tax fees as well as alteration fees.
2. If you borrow a dress realize that it will probably have to be dried cleaned.
3. If you happen to get red stains on your dress (which hopefully no one has to deal with this) use coke to get them out. It works pretty well.
4. Have a general idea of what you want and what looks good on you. Dress shopping can be difficult.
5. Decide if you want to do something traditional or not. Also realize that current fashions can quickly go out of style, but if that’s what you want, do it~
6. Go shopping like 6 months in advance if you can. Otherwise you may be stuck with picking somehting that is currently in the store.
7. I never went to David’s bridal, but they have a great selection.
8. Take into account where your wedding and reception are going to be held. As well as the month. My wedding was in October and it was really cold.
9. Realize that it may not end up being perfect, but love it for what it is. Be willing to try different styles. My dress ended up being fairly straight, when I planned on poofy. It also ended up having cream lace, which I wouldn’t have ever thought I’d pick.
10. Have fun on your wedding day!