1. Do you think privacy is something we should worry about as bloggers?
2. Do you use your real name or a pen name? What was behind that decision?
I don’t use my real name. I use a nickname. I use it as a privacy caution.
3. How much personal information do you reveal about your life beyond the blog?
I think I am pretty open in my personal blog. I keep it like a journal. However, I do take into account my audience. I try not to be too personal, although I share everything about Myles.
4. What will you never reveal?
My location, other than city. My last name (on my blog. I may in other circumstances.) Specific personal issues I am dealing with. I am fairly open with weight and my struggles with it, as well as feeling accepted, friendship, confidence, depression and other such things. However, I wouldn’t share specifics about arguments, intimacy, family issues, or anything where that is concerned. If I feel like writing that, (because I do use my blog as a journal) I will write poetry or more commonly, write it elsewhere.
5. As bloggers, we have to an extent made ourselves ‘public’ figures. But still there are things that are intimate to each of us that does not need to be known by anyone that stumbles across our blog. How do you determine what is appropriate for public consumption and what is private to you?
I have never thought of my blog as portraying me as a ‘public’ figure. But to answer your question, I am not really sure I am good at this. I guess if it is something that I wouldn’t feel comfortable with sharing with a stranger, then I wouldn’t share it. Or if I thought it may hurt a specific person by posting it, I wouldn’t do that either. I also very careful what information I share about other people.